Back to Mike's Reel Repair Main Page Mike's Reel Repair
Fishing forum to discuss everything relating to fishing and fishing gear.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Shop for PartsOrder Parts   Schematics
 RegisterRegister

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abu Revo's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike's Reel Repair Forum Index -> Schematics Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cajunslo

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Abu Revo's Reply with quote

I have a range of Revo's, SX, SX-HS, STX, STX-HS, STX-SHS, Wench G1,
and Wench G3. I was thinking of updating the bearings and have done TOO MUCH reading on the subject. At this time I am leaning towards replacing with some ABEC 5 SST.
One question: Wanted to make sure on the spool bearings for different reels, from what I am seeing some have only two bearings, one on left cover and one the right side under tension knob. Others have an additional bearing on spool behind the pin. I have around 13 of these reels mixed. Looks like the two bearing reels take the same bearing, 3x10x4 and the three bearing using a 5x11x4. Please let me know if I am correct on this. I am looking at 20+ 3x10x4 and i believe about 6 of the 5x11x4. I am going to clean and change bearings myself with the help of the information in the forum. Not sure on the super tuning yet!. Any comments are appreciated. And thanks for a great forum.
Ken D

Location: 14 hours drive to Mike's shop from: Scenic Smithers, BC

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morten from Denmark is about as up on Revos as anyone. He has not been here since Feb/2014... he hangs mostly over at Alan Tani's board, posting as killerbug, both there, and here.

I would register over there, and check out the tutorials on the revo, in the ambassadeur forum, and post over there. www.alantani.com
cajunslo

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, i will check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike's Reel Repair Forum Index -> Schematics Requests All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: